pitching warmup

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 17, 2008
Troy, Illinois
I didn't notice anyone mention any "band work." My DD throws with the team and they do the typical stretch, throw one knee, throw short then throw long. After that, she does band work to get her arm/shoulder ready. It is a program that I started for my baseball players but have seen other do as well. Then, she throws from approximately 35 working on release and throwing about 50%. We don't do wrist snaps. Why? The pitching coach and a former D-I pitcher both asked us years ago why do those since they don't resemble game conditions at all. Rather we do those from that 35 foot range. We also don't thrown from one knee as we routinely see. I don't think there is anything wrong with wrist snaps or the knee but we don't do them. Then, she goes beyond the rubber and throws a couple of walk ups from approximately 43 feet. Then she throws a couple from 40 feet. Then, she starts her progression. We call it "Tilting" because she will throw 4 dead strikes. Then she will rotate up and in and low and away until she knows she can hit both on demand. She then does the same for a lefthander. After that, she throws one or two dead strikes and moves to her next pitches. She ends with the change. We view the most important pitches that she has to have in a game to be her fastball (actually more of a peel drop) and changeup. Therefore, we want to make sure we spend more time on those pitches. We don't have a set number "tilting" as it is more of a confidence thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles