Pitching Style Change After 5 years of lessons

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
I think it depends on the kid and the change. Some kids just can't switch gears quickly and others pick things up very quickly. The trick becomes getting in good reps with the change and making it permanent. Sounds like this kid will adapt if she believes in the outcome--one way or the other.

Apr 14, 2011
Blue, Oklahoma
Here is another video up closer at one of her pitching lessons. She is not throwing full speed and the video is a little blurry. I'm going to try and take a new one tonight and post it tomorrow.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/49VCxPRVMCQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
hmmmm. That finish does not look like a typical pusher/bowler. I'm putting my bets on the fact that she probably already has some I/R, like the ball towards 3rd and maybe the arm too straight on the downswing, but more I/R than H/E bowling. You might be closer than you think. Better video will tell you for sure.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
That video was helpful. I think you'll get some good input from Hilhouse.

When you do the side video, be sure to get as much light on the subject as you can. Hopefully, whatever camera your using will automatically record at a little high quality and take some of the blur out with better lighting.

Apr 14, 2011
Blue, Oklahoma
hmmmm. That finish does not look like a typical pusher/bowler. I'm putting my bets on the fact that she probably already has some I/R, like the ball towards 3rd and maybe the arm too straight on the downswing, but more I/R than H/E bowling. You might be closer than you think. Better video will tell you for sure.

I really hope your right...She never has been able to really to most of the things her coach tries to teach her and after watching Bill's videos i understand why. I will take a better video from back and side up close soon as I can

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1