pitching rotations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 6, 2010
I'm managing a 10U team this year- we have one dominant pitcher and 2 other average pitchers. Our girls play 5 innings and each pitcher can only pitch max of 2 innings in a game. What would be the best 2 innings to use my ace? I will obviously use her in last inning if we are away team- Is it a good idea to put her in first inning?

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I hate the rules that limit the number of innings that girls can pitch to 2. What league is it?

But, anyway, I suggest that you jump on the other team, quickly. So that would mean use your ace in the 1st inning.

Work with those other 2 girls, so that you have 3 pitchers.

May 13, 2008
Way back when we were in rec ball we had a three inning limitation. We would start our strongest pitcher the first two innings and save her for the last. If we had pitchers who were close to each other skill-wise we rotated who started.

Aug 2, 2008
Sounds like your league is set up for player safety and player developement in mind, so use it for what it is intended. If you want to get competitive with those 10yos go play travel ball and you can pitch that ace 6 games a weekend.

Mike

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1