Pitching Machines - best place to buy ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

FastpitchFan

Softball fan
Feb 28, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Our organization wants to buy two new pitching machines.

We are leaning towards a) 2-wheel jugs and b) single wheel jugs.

We're looking for the best place (service, quality) and also best deals/prices possible.

Any suggestions?

Sep 18, 2012
A, A
I purchased the red firstpitch pitching machines and found them to be excellent machines and American made and about half the price of a jugs!!

AtlantaHitDoc

Coaching and Loving it!
Dec 19, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Hey, Marc. It's Danny G from ATL. Enjoyed seeing you and your girls at the Kaikamahine tournament in Hawaii this past July. How did they like working with Howard Kobata? Also, how did they end up doing in the tournament? Hope they got enough Spam! You guys really didn't need signs as I doubt any of the other teams understood French. Wished I could have stayed longer to visit but my wife was about to shoot me as we were supposed to be on vacation... and for her that means a vacation from softball:)

While I rarely use pitching machines, our school has a Hack Attack, Jr. - Professional Sports Training Machines – Sports Attack - that in my opinion is the best machine made. It's a three-wheel machine which means it can throw basically any pitch. While I will pitch to the girls most of the time, I can't spin as nasty a drop, curve, screw or rise as this machine can. The advantage is it helps the girls to see what the movement looks like on those pitches. You can adjust the break as much as you want. I highly recommend it.

However, if you do buy a Jugs machine, I would recommend this attachment - C The Pitch, Pitching Machine Attachment. I think it really helps the girls timing off the live arm motion. For 50 bucks it's worth it.

Good luck!

Danny

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2010
Hey Marc, not sure where you are local to. I'd call Jugs and have them give you a list of their sellers.

DD goes to a hitting coach who has the 2-wheel and 1-wheel jugs. The 2 wheel is more accurate and more versatile. The 1 wheel likes to move the ball around alot.

We have a 1 wheel in our backyard cage. Works much better than the one I mentioned above. I found it on craigslist and drove about 1hr one way to pick it up. Jugs confirmed when it was sold. I also got a Lite Flite from the same seller. $650 for both machines and 4 dozen dimple balls.

FastpitchFan

Softball fan
Feb 28, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Hi Danny,

Girls enjoyed working with Howard Kobata. They were tired at the end. It's always a pleasure to see you !!

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. Will probably go with the Hack Attack. Didn't know about these machines. They look great.

Again thank you!
Marc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207