pitching machine or no pitching machine? whats your theory?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
The question posed by the OP is somewhat faulty as it is really not an either/or proposition. Look at what a pitching machine provides where a ball is shot out at a consistent speed to a specific location. It is absurd to think that type of practice will somehow prepare players to compete against a pitcher who will deliberately change speed and location from pitch to pitch. The value of the pitching machine is the consistency it provides. It is a great tool for working on swing mechanics since the player knows where the ball will be pitch after pitch just as they would hitting off a tee.

To adequately prepare for live pitching you need to simulate as best you can live pitching. There is a reason that Mike White at Oregon personally throws BP to his players. One of the most effective tools we have added to our hitting regimen are the TCB balls. We started using them about a month ago and last weekend at HOF we never hit better. Maybe it was playing in OKC but I have to think the TCB balls were a significant factor in our success.

Why so late to the TCB party?

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Why so late to the TCB party?

Damn good question. My forte is pitchers and catchers. Our hitting totally sucked and the solution made sense. So I bought a dozen and gave them to my AC's and told them to have at it. We still have a way to go but got our berth to ASA Nationals last weekend. I guess better late than never. :)

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Damn good question. My forte is pitchers and catchers. Our hitting totally sucked and the solution made sense. So I bought a dozen and gave them to my AC's and told them to have at it. We still have a way to go but got our berth to ASA Nationals last weekend. I guess better late than never. :)

We didn't wait to start the party, but glad that you're here now. Submit a testimonial about them being the key to gaining the berth (congrats btw) and see if your next purchase gets discounted! If I were limited to only 1 hitting aid/tool, god forbid, TCBs would be the choice. Ahead of a net and the candy-filled piñata.

PS Stay away from GD's green punch if you plan to drive home.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog