pitching instructor

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TNdad

TNdad
Feb 7, 2010
EAST TN
Has anyone had there daughter work with Rick Pauly? I've heard he is one of the best pitching instructors in the country.

Jun 13, 2009
maybe... maybe not. Could be another father who never pitched before but rides the coattails of his daughter's strong career. "He" becomes the expert, not the kid who put in the hard work. I know of another dad like that, Olympic pitcher daughter. It's very sad.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
maybe... maybe not. Could be another father who never pitched before but rides the coattails of his daughter's strong career. "He" becomes the expert, not the kid who put in the hard work. I know of another dad like that, Olympic pitcher daughter. It's very sad.

If you don''t know for sure...

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008

The most talented young pitcher I ever had the honor of working with was started off at 5-years-old,, by her father. He had 2 older daughters at that time, the youngest of those 2 had just graduated college when I met them. Both his older daughters got full ride scholarships and he went through the different instructors and learned very well with them.

She was a very talented 10-year old when I met her. That credit goes to 'Coach Dad'. I added some things to what 'They' already knew.

I got to meet those two older sisters at a 10u state championship tourney that year. Both said, of their little sister's pitching, that her movement pitches at 10u moved WAY more than either of theirs did in college.

I have met several pitcher's dads that were very knowledgeable about pitching. I have met many more that had little knowledge. I have also met a few that didnt even know what foot comes forward first.

It has been several years since I have talked to Rick Pauley. He falls into that first category I mentioned.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2010
His daughter is a very good pitcher. She is 6'1" or 6'2' tall and has long limbs and long fingers. Rick was a head coach at Spartanburg Methodist College in SC and his teams did well in the junior college and community college ranks then he was hired as the University of South Carolina pitching coach. The year he was there the team won one SEC game and the ERA's went up substaintially with basically the same pitching staff of the prior year with the exception of one pitcher that was injured.You can go to the USC softball website and see the stats for yourself. He was not retained as PC when the new coach came. She was pitching coach at UNC prior to her hire at USC.I attended one of his clinics and agreed with some things and disagreed with some things that he teaches. I personally think it is a stretch to say he is one of the best in the country. JMO

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi