Pitching injury help needed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
It’s pretty much as simple as this. Do you want her to suffer from having bruises on her arm and insist on brush contact or do you want her to enjoy pitching? And I’m not talking about the left arm at all here. Strictly the throwing arm. And also, I’m still new here and thought I was replying to the original poster. I didn’t even notice someone new said something haha. Oops. I’m just saying that sometimes girls take being told “make sure you brush your shirt“ too literally. We don’t need to be killing ourselves. If they’re getting bruised then something is wrong. Also, we don’t want to “roll around the thigh”. We let the arm come through the throwing zone before the hip does. I’d be happy to go into more detail about this topic with you in messages if you’re interested!

Hi Megan,
Welcome to DFP! It's a really great place to chat, collaborate, learn and help others. There are some amazing folks here and some really great info stored in the stickies.

When you get a chance, I’d be interested in hearing your thoughts about the mechanics used by Abbott, Osterman, Ueno, Garcia, Kleist, Finch or Pauly? All of these pitcher’s hips lead the arm. All of these pitcher’s tuck the elbow in behind the hipbone and allow the forearm to roll around the thigh. Off the top of my head, Barnhill is an example of an elite pitch who had little, if any forearm brush. Waldrop is another.

Thanks ahead,
Ken

Last edited:

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
2 prior posts that may be useful

Nov 8, 2018
@Meganhereforyou,
Apologies for coming across like a jerk. I really failed miserably for my first interaction and supposed welcome.

I truly would like to understand our different ways of teaching and will try to do better than a rushed and thoughtless response in the future.

Thanks and apologies,
Ken

Well we know you are jerky but not a jerk. Lol.
Hope you’re well Ken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk