Pitching drills for inside the house.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 26, 2020
I got an incrediball for my DD. Amazon. She can do arm circle warmup drills where she is going 50% to me from about 20ft. She can go hard and throw it into an old crib mattress that Goodwill fortunately declined to take. No breakage so far…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 7, 2021
you both need to learn by mistakes. Not to the point she hurts herself. I look at my oldest daughter who is a D1 pitcher. Had a bad release at age 10. That release was later made into a weapon (nasty screw ball). Her coach went with it instead of trying to fix it. All the mistakes , different grips etc allowed her to learn how her body moved and reacted. She has been told by many coaches that she understands her body when being taught something.
now I have another 10 year old. I struggle with how much I should teach her. I learned a lot with her older sister but I realize that she needs to learn what works and doesn’t work by herself. Holding back on fixing a few things so she enjoys being a pitcher and can feel for herself what does and doesn’t work.

Jan 28, 2020
My daughter is 9 and active in pitching lessons. May get her first circle time ever Saturday during a pool game. I was wondering if there are any drills she could do inside the house? She has one of those snap tools forget what it is called. I guess her biggest struggle is she either snaps way early or is letting the ball slip out of her hand. Looking for any drill that could be useful if we cant go outside or if she just wants to do something at nightime.
Good luck to her and glad she wants to practice (I would be happy with a couple of pitches going in the zone for her first game :))! I agree to make sure your pitching coach is teaching her good technique because although she may have some success it is much harder to correct in the future.

Jul 31, 2021
I must say I was thoroughly impressed. In her first inning she threw 17 strikes. Didnt get a strikeout but did work back from a 3-0 count to full count and wound up getting an easy grounder back to her for an out. There werent any crazy left or right pitches. Her misses were high and low. She barely caught one batters foot but that was about the worst pitch she had the entire inning as far as them being left or right. She pitched a few batters the 2nd inning then we brought in another girl that is new to pitching to give her some time. I think it really boosted her confidence. Told her if the other team is hitting the ball then she is throwing good pitches. All in all I was a very proud dad.

Jun 27, 2021
I must say I was thoroughly impressed. In her first inning she threw 17 strikes. Didnt get a strikeout but did work back from a 3-0 count to full count and wound up getting an easy grounder back to her for an out. There werent any crazy left or right pitches. Her misses were high and low. She barely caught one batters foot but that was about the worst pitch she had the entire inning as far as them being left or right. She pitched a few batters the 2nd inning then we brought in another girl that is new to pitching to give her some time. I think it really boosted her confidence. Told her if the other team is hitting the ball then she is throwing good pitches. All in all I was a very proud dad.
Lessons learned, if I could go back I’d appreciate the moment’s vs the meaningless stats or games. She’s off to a great start and enjoy the ride, the bucket catching and the ups and downs.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Like how you count the strikes. DD did not throw a strike until her 3 inning pitching, she came over and gave me a high five after inning was over.

As she got older we counted strikes but they were a bad thing. :)

Jul 31, 2021
Like how you count the strikes. DD did not throw a strike until her 3 inning pitching, she came over and gave me a high five after inning was over.

As she got older we counted strikes but they were a bad thing. :)
I didnt count them personally the lady that keeps the book let us know. I'm sure there were some swings at bad pitches so that wasnt a true actual strike zone count lol.

Oct 4, 2018
Ball up some socks, make several of them. She can 'pitch' in a hallway against a closed door at the end. Or if you have enough room she can pitch them to you.

Totally this.

Or, if you're like me and want to spend money, there are all kinds of soft "softballs" made out of fabric or foam. We have several of them and allow her to pitch into a couch, door, etc.

Jul 31, 2021
Why does it feel so good to spend money on this stuff lol. I'll buy something and my wife will ask if the DD needed it and I'll just say not really I just wanted to buy it lol.

Top_Notch

Screwball
Dec 18, 2014
I put a tarp in basement, DW was not thrilled when I put one in family room.

The point was to throw it as hard as she could without destroying anything, it was a big tarp.. Just pure speed, not necessarily strikes.

Did the same. Even bought a pitching rubber mounted to artificial turf. Everything one needs to practice except 43'. Doubles for T-Work as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles