Pitching drills for inside the house.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Way back in the olden times when DD was 9 I made her a target zone with a gymnastics pad and some walls to catch any errant pitches - down in the basement. Used real balls, no socks for her. Broke every light in the entire basement! Regardless of location. I swear she could throw a pitch around a corner and break a light in an adjoining room. Replaced the lights and built chicken wire protectors for all the fluorescent tube fixtures. Nothing like real balls to learn with !! Must have been a rising-double corkscrew curve ball !!

Oct 12, 2020
<soapbox>
The traditional wrist snap is a fallacy, and it's impossible to time if you're trying to go full speed and just "think" about when to snap without a physical cue. Watch slow mo of good pitchers, you'll see the release motion does not resemble the traditional wrist snap.
Sounds like you've got a hello elbow teacher. Not to be rude, but all successful pitchers learn to pitch in spite of the wrist snap instruction, not as a result of it.
Sounds like you're underway with the research. Here's a playlist I put together to help parents with I/R pitching.
Search this site for I/R in the classroom if you want to really get into the weeds.
</soapbox>
That playlist is an excellent resource. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles