Pitching DO this, and NOT THAT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 15, 2016
Legendsmom
I've seen kids pitching IR style rather than hello elbow, but have no idea where they are getting lessons in Louisiana or Mississippi. I talked to one of the most reputable PC in the NOLA area and they have not heard of this style pitching?? I've been reading about it on this site for several months learning and practicing myself so I can start converting my DD.

Jun 14, 2016
My dd has been taking lessons for years from a girl In south ms but she doesn't teach IR. My dd seems to pitch IR naturally and she doesn't try to change that but she doesn't teach it either. She just made an A level 16u in denham springs and had a pitching coach recommended so we will check it out. Going this weekend to Dallas to get a few lessons from Bill hillhouse. How old is your dd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 15, 2016
She is 10. We are going through the exact same thing. She takes lessons in south MS and also naturally releases the ball IR style. Up until about two months ago we constantly pushed hello elbow finish. Since we quit forcing the finish her balls are coming in a bit quicker and with better spin. She also seems to be locating better. If you dont mind please let me know about the PC that was recommended. We were also burning her out up until a few weeks ago she had a workout sheet 5 days per week. So the rest could also be helping with speed.

Jun 14, 2016
My experience is most pc's around here do teach he. I will definitely let you know if this new one works out. Lots of good pitchers in the Baton Rouge area so they have to be getting it somewhere. Where are y'all located? We live in Slidell, so we have to travel a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619