pitching coach conflict

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 25, 2010
To be fair, nanotech, there are a couple Pittsburgh area orgs that do that as well. Spirit comes to mind. Bill lost a pitcher because they went to Spirit.

May 11, 2012
Just let them know that you think very highly of Hillhouse and that you and yoru daughter are very comfortable working with him and you feel he is a great coach. Just be truthful and frim in your beliefs. If Hillhouse was within 500 miles of us, my dd would be going to him!

Jan 25, 2011
To be fair, nanotech, there are a couple Pittsburgh area orgs that do that as well. Spirit comes to mind. Bill lost a pitcher because they went to Spirit.
fair enough, I just know one time on OFC, told someone to get a hold of Bill and a couple of posters, that are part of some good org's flamed me big time about it.

Apr 25, 2010
Nanotech is right in the fact that, for some reason, a large population of Ohio thinks Bill is the pitching AntiChrist...lol. There is an overabundance of "money takers" who teach hello elbow, donkey kicking, bowling style pitching. There is a fair number of us enlightened citizens, but the Pitching Coach Mafia has a very strong hold here.

Jan 25, 2011
I think because some girl has some sucess in pitching and their dad becomes the local guru of pitching. Then some org. decides that they are their PC from then on. I took my dd to Bill because I never pitched and I was over my head and he is close to me and I think he is the best. Now dd and I just think he is a great person as well as a great PC. Stay with him and you can't go wrong

Apr 6, 2012
Is their pitching coach traveling with them? Does he actively coach in games? Do the rest of the pitchers on the team go to him? If so, it may be a bigger problem because, as a previous poster said, if your daughter doesn't do well, he will use the pitching coach situation as the reason. He may also actively promote his pitchers over your daughter.

However, I would stick with Bill since she is successful with him and leave it at that. Great pitchers are hard to find and I can't imagine they would give her up to placate their pitching coach. Changing pitching coaches at this point could be disaster.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011
So far the 8 years she's been there, I've always had a very important week at work........where I can't join the family to go visit. Darn the luck!! :rolleyes:

Never fear, she comes down to see us twice a year. That's plenty for me.
I guess you always could buy a new house and forget to tell her:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207