Pitchers are Rock Stars

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 30, 2018
SE Michigan
Mine tries very hard not to cry in public. She is good about not crying on the mound, I have seen girls do it in 10u especially, but when she gets to the dugout she has let loose. She usually tries to hide so her teammates don't see her. I actually don't mind it a whole lot because she has a short memory and is usually good after. Mine is a good hitter, and a lot of times when she is struggling pitching she takes her frustration out in the box and smashes.

Oct 4, 2016
I was thinking about this subject last night after a conversation with my DD. I ended up finding this message from Amanda Scarborough to fwd to DD for inspiration. Dear Pitcher, You Are Not Alone - Amanda Scarborough

My daughter's pitching coach just sent that link to me to pass along to my daughter. My daughter just moved up to 12U after a dominating season at 10U where her team ended up winning our USSSA State tournament, ended up ranked #1 in the state and #3 in the country (Power Rankings) and that was in her first year of TB. Now we had our first tournament at 12U and although she did great (2 games, 1W, 1L, gave up 5 hits, 6 runs, none earned, struck out 8 and walked 4. Threw 135 pitches and threw 91 strikes). In the game she didn't pitch she saw a girl pitching 56 mph and that team also pummeled our #2 pitcher for 8 runs all earned with one hitting the tape at the top of the fence. Even though it wasn't my daughter in the circle she was a little shellshocked and I think she is feeling pressure. Clocked my daughter at 49 mph and she's doing some wonky things that her PC is trying to work on and for the first time, she shut down during her lesson. Either she was frustrated that she had so many things to fix, or she was just paralyzed that she's now in a bigger stage with bigger girls. PC sent that letter today and I'm looking forward to having my daughter read it.

Love this thread! These girls ARE rockstars!

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
P struck out arguable our best 2 batters in 10 pitches, DD walked in about 14 pitches.

DD could not hit her, she could not strike DD out.

She was a mess after that, kept staring at DD. She stole 2nd after 1st or 2nd pitch to next batter and she got madder.

HC came out and was pointing at DD, sure they said ignore her, didn't matter. She could not leave it go.

Lot more to pitching then pitching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad