Pitcher Stats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 23, 2009
Los Angeles
You should use stats and technology to your advantage. For example, our team scorekeeper uses an iPad and GameChanger software to record each game. I go to the website after each game/tournament to evaluate individual and team stats. The key pitch stats from the other team I like to know is "first pitch strikes". For example, this weekend we are playing a team we faced last week who's two pitcher's we faced threw an average of 75% first pitch strikes. I am telling my batters to be very aggressive at the plate with this team next time we play them.

For my pitchers, I like to know a) S/O to Walk ratio b) # hits against c) HBP and d) # of runs given up. I also like to know how many pitches are being thrown for each game and for the tournament.

And from the offensive side, a) Batting average and b) On Base % is very important and c) number of steals attempted and made. I want to make sure we play aggressively on the base paths.

Apr 12, 2010
Oregon
Something that my DD is actually taking notice of this year is inning leadoff BB's.....and from that, how many of those leadoff walks scored. It's a scary number, especially when it's done with less than 2 outs. Not that there's a lot of walks, but over 30 percent of them score. It's improved her BB totals. It's tougher because she's a strikeout pitcher so throws more pitches than some others, but she's really learned this year to trust her defense.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texas Red