Pitcher Parent Psychosis

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Geez! I can imagine doing something like that if DD was obviously goofing off in the outfield or maybe being loud and distracting in the dugout after being warned, but for doing her best and the other team just happened to be better? No way.

ETA: Replying to BMD, post #59. Sorry

bmd

Jan 9, 2015
It was very hard for me to watch and not say anything. I think we lost 5-7. I know that some would disagree but even the best of teams with the best of bats and the best of pitchers lose games and that is just the way it is. Parents and coaches need to understand/accept that.

Geez! I can imagine doing something like that if DD was obviously goofing off in the outfield or maybe being loud and distracting in the dugout after being warned, but for doing her best and the other team just happened to be better? No way.

ETA: Replying to BMD, post #59. Sorry

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
My DD had a game in 10U where she gave up 3 hits no walks and struck out 14.... I think we lost 10 Zip...
Between dropped third strikes and over throws But by then we were used to it - Our goal as a team was to just not get 10 runned.
I love the strikeout that endsup as a home run - I think I have the old score books somewhere, I need to go back and see how many of those she had that year - Unfortunitly her strike out pitch was the drop so it was always an adventure.
In 10u My dd lost a game it was a no hitter where she struck out every batter for the entire game.

Jan 31, 2014
North Carolina
Over time I've come to realize I not a CPP. But for some reason, everybody else loses touch when DD is in the circle. They just don't understand.

Jun 9, 2009
DD had a change-up hang up in her hand this weekend and almost threw it over the backstop. I yelled out "I don't know how they're laying off pitches that close!" ala Harry Doyle. Our sideline laughed but everyone else looked horrified, probably figuring there was no way I could be her father and actually joke about something as life-altering as a poor pitch.

Oct 19, 2009
For me therapy has helped, the medication helped some, but the shock treatments seem to help the most.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619