Pitch tracking from stands

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Per my local USSSA rep, there is no rule against a parent providing info to the coach.

I quote:

"Coaching info from parents. You are correct there is nothing against a parent telling a coach what they see or hear. Just one of those things."

It appears high school is different as it is specifically covered .

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Not to throw shade on anyone but it wouldn't be the first time a local rep got something wrong..... And to be fair, the internet isn't always right either. Marriard maybe, internet? No. ;-)

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Per my local USSSA rep, there is no rule against a parent providing info to the coach.
I quote:

"Coaching info from parents. You are correct there is nothing against a parent telling a coach what they see or hear. Just one of those things."

It appears high school is different as it is specifically covered .

Your rep is right. Parents can yell out and pretty much behave how they like within limits. NFHS doesn't stop this either - high school is NOT different. Nor does any other rule set. Someone yelling out 'Little susie is playing too deep' or 'Watch out for the bunt' is nothing.

However, having a clipboard and tracking pitches and then going over to the dugout to provide or discuss with the coach is going to make you bench/team personnel. It is clear you have a active role on the team and that either the coach has asked you to do it or is taking that input from you in a consistent way. And bench/team personnel have to be in defined areas. So either stop it or do it from the dugout.

Feb 15, 2017
Your rep is right. Parents can yell out and pretty much behave how they like within limits. NFHS doesn't stop this either - high school is NOT different. Nor does any other rule set. Someone yelling out 'Little susie is playing too deep' or 'Watch out for the bunt' is nothing.

However, having a clipboard and tracking pitches and then going over to the dugout to provide or discuss with the coach is going to make you bench/team personnel. It is clear you have a active role on the team and that either the coach has asked you to do it or is taking that input from you in a consistent way. And bench/team personnel have to be in defined areas. So either stop it or do it from the dugout.
I sent exaclty ehat I posted here and that was her response

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619