So Many Select Tournaments Not Enough Weekends…

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 21, 2021
Finding tournaments for our B Class first year 10U team can be quite the pain with all of the options and organizations. In the Houston area, it seems USFA and FASA have taken the reigns on local tournament promotion and organizing. However USSSA runs things in the Dallas Area with USA Softball In Austin and San Antonio with a little USFA in there also. I was wondering how is it in other states and what other organizations are you dealing with? (Of course there is also TLF, PGF, and TC in TX but I treat them on a different level)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 20, 2015
part will depend on level of your team as well as if you have plans for big travel / vacation type event.

If doing a big week in Gulf Shores, AL late July, you should prolly play USSSA events to help seeding, points, etc. Same with PCB and USFA. etc.

bottom line , esp at 10u, find tourneys that are at your team's level, and a few above level to get that higher level exposure and motivation, get the girls to play hard and have fun. coaching of fundamentals and proper way things are done is critical moving forward. this includes game awareness, rules, behaviors, etc, etc, etc.

And corral those parents!! 10U teams are the worst with crazy parents, IME.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi