Pitch Tracker

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
There is another thread on this i think. Seems to show pitch a bit faster than actual by around 5 mph and doesn't always register has been the opinions. I have one and have mixed feelings.

Nov 9, 2019
There is another thread on this i think. Seems to show pitch a bit faster than actual by around 5 mph and doesn't always register has been the opinions. I have one and have mixed feelings.
Not to worried about speed, was wanting her to see spin rate and give her something to work at. Looked at posts for last year under equip reviews and didn't see any so thought i would ask.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
Just had a session tonight and speed seems to be more accurate. Though I know you were not concerned with that I thought I would update the thread. I believe there was an update to the software.

Nov 9, 2019
I cannot be certain because i dont have a rev fire, but the spin rate seemed to be ok.
Bought one couple weeks ago and trying to decide send back or keep. Opened package, charged and went outside to try it out. Bad ball sent it back and replacement had a bad charging plate. They are sending a new plate. Guess i'll give them another try.

Last edited:

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
Bought one couple weeks ago and trying to decide send back or keep. Opened package, charged and went outside to try it out. Bad ball sent it back and replacement had a bad charging plate. They are sending a new plate. Guess i'll give them another try.

Never had those issues. Even had DD slam a few against a hard wall tonight and still registered video and info. So was happy with result.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
As a final follow up, the Pitch Tracker seems to be working quite a bit better than when i first purchased and must be due to the new firmware. If you have one and have not updated, i would highly suggest that you do so.

The update has helped with all issues that I had, not tracking the pitch due to a poor or too quick throw back, inaccurate speeds, many GYRO spins recorded (which def could have been my DD) and good video capture to the pitch instead of throw back. The extension metric seems to be correct as well along with a couple extra metrics i have not used.

I have bumped up my recommendation to a highly recommend based on this and the relatively low price point.

only issue is that spin does not show Yaw - so a 1-7 spin may be a 12-6 with yaw, i just am not sure, at least it is close.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA