Perfect Connextion? Does it work?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 15, 2013
I have read people mention it and that some people have actually made DIY versions of this device.

But my question is does it really work for bat drag? I notice all of the videos I have seen of the before and after swings are a before swing: bat drag, but the after swing is always wearing the connextion device.

Has anyone had success with this product? Any other recommendations besides a Heavy Bag?

There have been some very friendly folks on this site that have given me great advice via PM, but I wanted to get the site's opinion before making a purchase

R

RayR

As with anything - too much of it is not a good thing. The last thing you want is a swing so rigid in the arms that the player loses the ability to adjust. It's a good tool.

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
I have read people mention it and that some people have actually made DIY versions of this device.

But my question is does it really work for bat drag? I notice all of the videos I have seen of the before and after swings are a before swing: bat drag, but the after swing is always wearing the connextion device.

Has anyone had success with this product? Any other recommendations besides a Heavy Bag?

There have been some very friendly folks on this site that have given me great advice via PM, but I wanted to get the site's opinion before making a purchase

Yes. made several. I like the device. Great comments from RayR but it will help players get the concept of connection and reduce bat drag if explained well.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
I made one myself (pictured below) and have just begun using it w/ DD. She likes it and seems to get the point of it, which is half the battle w/ devices. I think I'll also follow Ray's advice - ''As with anything - too much of it is not a good thing. The last thing you want is a swing so rigid in the arms that the player loses the ability to adjust.'' I'm not trying to mold a swing. I'm just trying to teach the feel of a critical portion of the swing.

click to make larger -

Turn the Barrell.jpg

Oct 10, 2011
You know from our pms but for other readers...I agree with the above statements and like the Connextion better than the one I made. DD will use it while hitting a heavy bag etc...

Dec 1, 2013
Wooster Mass

Pacman

if you have to ask that question I would suggest you don't use it.

Fully understand what it does then try it out. The answer is both yes and no. Yes if you know what you are doing. No if you think you are just going to use it and its fool proof!

good luck

Dec 1, 2013
Wooster Mass
I made one myself (pictured below) and have just begun using it w/ DD. She likes it and seems to get the point of it, which is half the battle w/ devices. I think I'll also follow Ray's advice - ''As with anything - too much of it is not a good thing. The last thing you want is a swing so rigid in the arms that the player loses the ability to adjust.'' I'm not trying to mold a swing. I'm just trying to teach the feel of a critical portion of the swing.

click to make larger -

View attachment 5039

I think this device shouldn't be drilled to much. I would agree that this device is for A FEEL of what the barrel/arms are doing. This could be a real bad tool in the wrong hands!

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania

click to make larger -

View attachment 5039

CB - Do you have rough measurements for the long pieces? I would like to make one myself. Thanks in advance.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
CB - Do you have rough measurements for the long pieces? I would like to make one myself. Thanks in advance.

12 inches. My DD is 5'8'', so for shorter hitters, you could make it slightly smaller. ... Also, I didn't glue anything in place, so if I wanted to take it apart and put in smaller pieces, I could. The pipe is cheap. But if you don't have a pipe cutter and have it cut at wherever you buy it, then you'd want to guess right the first time. Also note that the smaller sides also require small pieces of pipe, maybe 1.5 inches.

Dec 15, 2013
You know from our pms but for other readers...I agree with the above statements and like the Connextion better than the one I made. DD will use it while hitting a heavy bag etc...

You have been EXTREMELY helpful and I value all of the information you have given me. Just wanted to get the general consensus. i actually called the number on batspeeds website and they were very helpful and answered all of my questions as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi