Pay backs are a ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
Every now and then, DD will ask me to hit when she's done, then try to coach me. I look like a bear swatting away gnats, but it really does help the working relationship.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
We'll my dd gets to change places with me tonight. I was called out of retirement to play a little slow pitch softball this weekend. I hope she takes it easy on me. The team wants me to pitch. I have been tell my dd all week that it isn't as easy as she thinks to hit the plate. I don't think she is buying it. I forgot to get that Aflac ins. I hope she doesn't yell at me from the stands telling me what I'm doing wrong.

I figure a dozen "throw strikes" should do it

May 9, 2014
Not a good start so far, my softball pants and my sliding shorts have been in the dresser since the last time I played. Some how they shrunk.

Happened to me once, we got a new washer and dryer and it shrunk my clothes.... it even shrunk my leather belt

Jun 7, 2013
To support my DDs fastpitch activities, I am on hiatus from my slow pitch softball playing. However, I do get asked to do the occasional substitution, which is a really good idea. As a coach, it sometimes gets really frustrating to see girls not do what you ask or to make errors. When I am out on he field not doing what I am trying to do or making my own errors, I realize how hard this game of softball really is; and I have more patience and understanding for my players.

KCM

Mar 8, 2012
South Carolina
I also get asked to play pick up around here for a slow pitch league. I played 3 weeks ago and my girls were able to come watch me. Needless to say most of the trash talk came from my oldest as she sat on a bucket at the gate into the dug out. My wife laughed and my youngest felt a little sorry for me by giving me a piece of candy...she said I needed a sugar rush because my speed was off on swinging the bat.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Don't forget to stretch! A few years ago one of my neighbors decided to play with us and it was the first time he had played in years. First inning of the first game of the season, he gets up, rips a single to RF and pulls a hamstring running to first base. He went straight from 1B to his car and was never seen or heard from again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes