Parents drinking (Alcohol) at tournaments

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Absolutely.

I don't understand the negative stigma to alcohol? It's the irresponsible use of (insert oodles of items here) that's a problem.

If you're having a team swim party, is it really a bad thing to have a glass of wine or beer with your pizza/burger?

We have tournaments at an Indianapolis site that has a bar with a balcony. You can watch 4 fields if you move around up on the balcony. Is it a bad thing to hang out on the balcony and have a beer while watching the games?

If I'm watching a sporting event on Saturday evening (WCWS) when a lot of kids are around, is it bad to have 1 beer (save my Sunday afternoon headache) watching the game?

So, yes, I think it's ok.

I have a feeling that none of what you are describing is what anyone is thinking of as potential alchohol problems at a tournament.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
Absolutely.

I don't understand the negative stigma to alcohol? It's the irresponsible use of (insert oodles of items here) that's a problem.

If you're having a team swim party, is it really a bad thing to have a glass of wine or beer with your pizza/burger?

We have tournaments at an Indianapolis site that has a bar with a balcony. You can watch 4 fields if you move around up on the balcony. Is it a bad thing to hang out on the balcony and have a beer while watching the games?

If I'm watching a sporting event on Saturday evening (WCWS) when a lot of kids are around, is it bad to have 1 beer (save my Sunday afternoon headache) watching the game?

So, yes, I think it's ok.

1-100 beers?? Doesnt matter how many excuses I can come up with to have "one beer" at a kids function. It all sounds pretty silly....

Beer is like Lay's potato chips, "no one, can just have one!"

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
May want to rethink that based on the latest post.

Yeah I wasn't exactly expecting that responce.

I think I said early in the thread I have no problem with a drink at lunch (as long as it isn't the coaches) and i don't have a problem if the field serves alcohol. It is the sneaking in of red cups at tournaments that would be a problem in my eyes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32