Parental fatigue

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 27, 2011
SC
Pooped and broke, know the feeling....we are trying to build a team that breaks the mold of unnecessary expense and travel -- yet still be high quality. It can be done, I've seen it done in our area -- even at the college exposure level (which is where we are entering). But many other teams try to do it all to 1) compete against other teams, 2) give parents what they think they want/need, 3) feed egos.

I've been through the "high-end" of this machine with my older DD. I want to figure out a smarter way to do it with my younger one. We had a great 14U summer. Now at 16U, we are being aggressive this fall with practices and our first college exposure tournaments (plus a few others) but working around girls' H.S. sports schedules and trying not to over-do it. Also focus on player development and not just be a show-up-at-tournament team.
Cu. Curious. What happened with the older DD, ? College ball.

Apr 6, 2012
We are starting our first practice next week, then off for Labor Day, then will practice one time a week until we start playing in October. We are limiting ourselves to high quality showcases in October and November instead of playing the kids to death. Plus, we have some kids who are playing high school sports and we want them to be able to do that.

Everyone needs a break!

Aug 12, 2012
NorCal
We get to take the fall season off. It took my DD to pull her groin to do so but it is kind of nice. Saved some money and my DD is excited to get to watch Fri night football her senior year. The last three years we were usually on our way to SoCal for a tourney Fri afternoon. Rehab is not that time consuming, at least not for us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild