Outside the box sponsorship and fundraising

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 27, 2012
What are some of the most succe$$ful things that you do to raise funds for your team or league? I'm not talking banners, bake sales, small businesses, or car washes here.... anyone getting grants, renaming fields, or national sponsors? I'd love to get some new ideas! Let me know what works.

Nov 18, 2013
Indiana
We are 501c. So I approach all the Major sports teams in our area (Cards, Colts..etc) for tickets to raffle off. We also do something called HitAThon, and hosted a Grade School dance and Karaoke that worked out well. (Because most grade schools don't have things like that and they really enjoyed it.)

Jun 23, 2013
PacNw
Classic car raffle coming up. Hoping to bring in 40K for our 5 team org. We teamed up with a smaller upstart fastpitch organization and a local youth soccer club. They help us sell tickets and they get 1/2 of the proceeds. Tickets $10 each. Hard part is finding someone willing to donate a car that is nice enough to attract attention.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
The local high school team did the annual Home Show where they were the greeters at the door and scanned the tickets. I think they made quite a bit. We weren't involved, of course. But that's a different story.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I know a family that is funding 2 of their DDs dance classes, through garage sales. The girl's classes are expensive, so twice a year, the family begs for donations, on Facebook. They pick up the item and then, put it in their garage sale. The girls are working at it, too. But, it takes a lot of the parent's time.

May 11, 2014
we attempted to raise money with custom flip-flops this year. didnt turn out so very well. company couldnt handle the volume, then finally admitted they shouldnt have accepted the order to begin with.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse