Outfield Glove Recommendations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 17, 2009
I was wondering if I could get some recommendations on an outfield glove for my 17yo daughter. Her current glove is a 13" worn out wallet. She's 5'6" and wears an adult small/youth large batting glove. She strength trains and has pretty strong hands. Thanks.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
How many more years does she have left? Because, I am going to recommend a Vinci or a Nokona, but she'll need to spend $150/$200 and have the time to get one broken in. Either one will last her a long time, though.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
One point that was brought up by a professional player. How do you wear you glove. Many do not put the pinky finger in the last spot in the glove my itself, since it is not strong enough to hold the glove closed and why many balls ball out of the glove when caught. They put it in the glove with the finger next to it in the last slot and skip the first finger by thumb in the glove. Try it and see how much better grip you have when holding the ball in the glove. Bretman does and excellent job and I have used him on a couple of gloves. Plus a good umpire that knows the rules !

Jul 17, 2009
She wants to play as long as possible. Any particular model numbers for these makes?

Right now she just has each finger in the corresponding finger of the glove. We've tried to get her to go with the technique you described before but she didn't like it. We might try again though.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Aug 8, 2010
I would suggest a Vinci AB74-VM 13 inch. 5 oz Kip leather with mesh back. I do a break in service that will have the glove catch ready when it gets to you. Most girls can have it game ready in 2-3 weeks after that. howell@syrupcity.net if you need any other info, pics, prices, etc.

Casey

sru

Jun 20, 2008
Along the same lines as the MVP, My DD uses a Louiseville TPX OPRO1300. Its a 13" baseball outfielder's glove. It has an excellent pocket for softball and is very good quality for an $80-$100 glove.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish