Outfield glove question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Drakemir is the Vinci board rep here. Generally, or at least in my experience the larger the glove, the easier it is to break in. My DD has two custom tan kip leather 12" Vinci's and we have 3 black 12.75" RV1961's on our travel team. To me the 12.75" black leather Vinci's are a piece of cake compared the the two smaller tan ones my DD has, Vinci's tan kip is tough!!

If she loves her Global Elite why not find her another one for outfield, the Global Elite is a great glove, they're on another planet compared the the Classics and the MVP's that 99.4% of all girls have......and sorry Vinci fans, the Global Elites definitely has better internals!
Here you go:
Mizuno GGE71V 12.75 Inch RHT Global Elite VOP Pro Outfield Baseball Glove $319 41969197301 | eBay

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
She is 15 and plays 16 Gold. She has a 11.75 Mizuno Global Elite that she uses and loves for MIF, but it took a while to break in, especially for her to close. Was worried that going up in size she would have more issues closing that glove or similar type. Heard good things about the Vinci, though she hasn't tried one - biggest thing is finding a glove that is big enough for outfield (> 12 inches) that she won't have issues closing or controlling.

Pretty new here, so if someone could tell me who the Vinci rep is I would appreciate it.

As far as controlling, I assume you're referring to the weight? Any "good" glove with quality leather you're going to have to break in, period (as far as closing goes). I will say the Vinci 1961 is a very light for a 12.75" glove. I've never actually put a tape on one to measure but they look like they play just a little smaller than 12.75". Kinda like the 1929 plays a little smaller than 12.5".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma