Our goals are bigger!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Best 9 on the field please! I agree. If a stud comes in behind and earns a position, college caliber coaches will give them their due. Sometimes players transfer. Lots of possible solutions.
Well, those statements tell me what I need to know. If you think ALL college coaches are great, you might be in for a rude awakening. You seem pretty adamant about the subject so we can agree to disagree. Good luck to your daughter!

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Well, those statements tell me what I need to know. If you think ALL college coaches are great, you might be in for a rude awakening. You seem pretty adamant about the subject so we can agree to disagree. Good luck to your daughter!

Your statments tell me you want to disagree. You threw out your hypothetical "If a stud comes in behind this kid in college would she transfer, or play another position if it’s whats best?" I agreed that the coach would put the best team on the field. I never said ALL college coaches or ALL high school coaches are good or bad. Some are good and some shouldnt be coaching. College coaches are better than high school coaches most of the time. Hopefully your DD plays for good coaches that put the best 9 on the field, and if she plays for bad coaches, good luck!

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
Real life story that just happened:
A young lady in our office (2012 college grad) was forced to work in a "toxic" environment with toxic people. As others were reassigned (including me) She had asked to be relocated to another team, but it was easier for the regional manager to ignore her pleas. She sucked it up and tolerated it as long as she could but when it became clear that nothing was going to happen, and things had only gotten worse over the past year, she accepted a position at another firm and gave her notice. Smart kid being wasted and not appreciated here. She could and did, take more grief than anyone should have to in the performance of her job, which she did well. I am very proud of her!

Last edited:

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
.That man is a good coach and better father.

I agree, but I don't know how he can expect a player to stand up to the tribe and lead by example when they are not the queen bee and she has other plans.
As far as I can tell, many of you live in a movie.- THATS NOT A CRITICISM! Just an observation of how far apart our realities are.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Yes you have to suck it up and deal with the crap for a while. After a while I think its good for young people to leave toxic relationships. Some people dont like being part of a program where the herd kisses butt for a roster spot and then talks crap when the coach isnt around.

The very real abuse stories comming from gymnastics, swiming and volleyball where girls kept quiet are sad to me. Listening to the players reasoning for not speaking out reads similar to some responses here. Speak up!

May 27, 2013
I think what I’m keeping in mind with my replies is that the OP states his dd is a freshman, so I assume she hasn’t tried out for or played for the HS team yet. Not sure if their HS team is notorious for bad coaching, bad politics, etc. or not. Either way, why not just give it a shot? Try to go in with an open mind and do your best. You never know, you might be pleasantly surprised by the team and the outcome.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
I think what I’m keeping in mind with my replies is that the OP states his dd is a freshman, so I assume she hasn’t tried out for or played for the HS team yet. Not sure if their HS team is notorious for bad coaching, bad politics, etc. or not. Either way, why not just give it a shot? Try to go in with an open mind and do your best. You never know, you might be pleasantly surprised by the team and the outcome.

Absolutely yes! More times than not the hard work will payoff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles