Other coach doesnt get swing plane

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 3, 2009
Kansas City area
some people dont get swing plane

Had one parent/helper coach telling the girls to swing level. what is the best way to adress this. The last thing I want is level swinging wrist rolling backslapers. I tried to explain swing plane is determined by pitch location and is finished over shoulder. I dont think they got it. Thanks

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
If you have ever seen Mike demo the Big Zone in RVP, he would understand what happens if you swing a bat level. That would be a start, if you can get ahold of anyone with RVP. Plus he goes thru extension and rolling the wrists.

Oct 12, 2009
Im having a hard time convincing one of the other coaches about a few things on mechanics, hes telling the team not to some things Ive told them to do. Ive told him thats what Ive been teachn but he still does it. Hes not been to many practices and Ive put tons of time into. The biggest issue that parants/other coaches dont get is the swing plane. He keeps telling kids not to drop back shoulder and to swing level. (then they roll wrist and slap back and dont get to extension) he understand the 90 degree angle of the back arm at the slot position but doesnt understand how to get their. Any suggestions? hes a nice guy although stubborn.

Ask him how you adjust to hit pitches at the top or bottom of the strike zone while still swinging level.

A lot of swing level people don't get the concept of adjustment because they come out of machine pitch or coach pitch where the ball comes right down the middle.

Things change when pitchers start working the top and bottom of the strike zone.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez