Opinions on Taylor pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Tanner and Taylor have very similar styles.. must have the same teacher :)
With that said, for Taylor, I'd say she needs to try to let her lower body carry her torso forward. Basically want to keep her nose further back than her belly and stride leg. She also does what my DD often does which is lean into the pitch on release, kind of like Ueno, which I don't know if I'd say is a terrible thing or not, but you definitely want to get taller once you land.

Arm whip issue is similar to Tanner as other's have mentioned, need to work on palm up, etc.

It must be a twin thing as to why they look similar. :cool:

Yes, arm whip can improve a ton and I see their speed increasing with an improved sequence, shoulder/elbow/hand in that order.

Yes the nose does need to be further back, thanks.

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
The next time we pitch and I see the ball go high I'm going to look for bending over to much and releasing it late. That is all I meant by filming a better pitch. She doesn't bend over on every pitch.

Thanks for the advice.
The pitch is high because there is no internal rotation and no brush resistance, If the tricep touches the rib cage (brush) and the forearm rotates from an open position you will naturally have the release point.

Jul 31, 2019
A couple of things that stick out:

1. She is not reversing posture as she gets to the top of her arm circle. The head should stay behind her belly button and not lean forward. Reversing posture helps give you time to create downswing elbow bend, IR and eventually whip.

2. While getting her to reverse posture, have her work to elevate her stride leg knee and land on her toe (not her heel)

3. Tell her to lead with her pinky as she approaches 6 o'clock. The fingers should get behind the ball when the elbow starts brush interference and IR

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13