Opinions on attacking the lead elbow

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 17, 2009
I wondered what everyone thought on using the connection device that Mankin sells to teach connection to contact (hitting a heavy bag) and also using the power drive brace for the full swing?

R

RayR

I can see some value in the connection device, but would limit the amount of swings. While I believe that the contact position you attain through the connection device is good, I also believe that the arms are in the process of extending through contact in a real swing. This device doesn't allow that. So, you could develop a swing that never extends which means you would be leaving the hitting zone too early.

Jul 17, 2009
I can see some value in the connection device, but would limit the amount of swings. While I believe that the contact position you attain through the connection device is good, I also believe that the arms are in the process of extending through contact in a real swing. This device doesn't allow that. So, you could develop a swing that never extends which means you would be leaving the hitting zone too early.

Do you feel that the power drive brace allows for extension and is a useful tool?

R

RayR

FFS, do you believe what Yeager says here? Or are you just regurgitating someone else's information...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves