Opening an indoor facility

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2008
Slightly off subject of this thread but, it's as good of a place as any to say this: I am thinking I'm probably going to start traveling on weekends again doing camps, clinics and lessons the way I used to before taking an NCAA job. Between the NCAA rules/restrictions and Covid, I haven't done a lot of travel for lessons and stuff in a while. Now that the world is coming back to normal, and I don't have to deal with NCAA rules, I am thinking of doing this again if anyone is interested.

As I've said many times, Clinics are great and they have their place. But they can be meaningless without the follow up work with the pitchers. I used to do a clinic than offer to come back to a facility every couple weeks, monthly, bi-monthly, or whatever was requested. In Dallas for example, I was going there about every 3-4 weeks for about 10 straight years. I did that in Arkansas too and other places.

If interested, shoot me a message on here or email me: bill@houseofpitching.com

Jun 8, 2016
A one time buy for a seasoned instructor (which most are) is $100. If you buy of lessons, there is some savings.
Well damn. I will charge them 100 for 1.5 hours of hitting,fielding,calculus and physics. Anger manangement tutoring will have to be done elsewhere..not included in the bundle..

Aug 21, 2008
Well damn. I will charge them 100 for 1.5 hours of hitting,fielding,calculus and physics. Anger manangement tutoring will have to be done elsewhere..not included in the bundle..
Does the "anger management" portion involve a piece on how much you anger the people on this forum??? LOL. You seem to know how to push their buttons so it could be handy. It's actually a brilliant strategy, you make people mad... then teach them how to manage the anger. lol.

Jul 31, 2019
One thought is to partner with the right people and open a daycare and an after-school program to cover the daytime and slow periods of time.

May 29, 2015
Does the "anger management" portion involve a piece on how much you anger the people on this forum??? LOL. You seem to know how to push their buttons so it could be handy. It's actually a brilliant strategy, you make people mad... then teach them how to manage the anger. lol.
@pattar forgot to add that he will throw in the water bottles for free.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Seeing that there are no convenient facilities nearby to me, I'm 90% of the way to convincing myself to open one. I've been giving pitching lessons out of my basement, but I only have 40ft of space there, and I have a couple coach friends that give catching and hitting lessons that would benefit from having a consistent place to teach from. So something of a business plan is developing. Primary use being a place for us to teach from. Secondary would be team rental space. 3rd would be batting cage rental.

I have read through and learned a lot from this thread already https://www.discussfastpitch.com/threads/building-an-indoor-facility-any-suggestions.38276/

Looking at some commercial/industrial warehouse space nearby. Some reasonably priced ones available at 3300 and 4500 sq ft. The 4500 might be large enough for an infield, so that was a great tip I picked out of that thread.

Soliciting any advice on everything from cautionary tales to what your favorite facility does that you love, to flooring suggestions, netting solutions, commercial pitching machines (would like to put in an automated machine lane if the infield thing doesn't pan out). Insurance advice, sample waivers and agreements. Pretty much anything the DFP community has in their vast knowledge.
TIA!
What's the update?

A local facility that opened up about 3 months ago has already had two Smash and grab robbery.
Smash big expensive windows at that. This last time they stole a bunch of used clothes that people had donated for a clothing Drive that team's did. Area that's not very well lit. And doesn't have Street access where police might be driving by often or other cars for that matter.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles