Open wide, here comes the kool-aid...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
Is it just me, or does it seem like the more unfair/disorganized/abusive the coaches, the more they push "team bonding" ota's so they can pretend things are all rosy?

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
I think there are many coaches who use team bonding to try to avoid the issues that can come up when you keep any group of humans together for a long period of time in confined space and in a competitive situation. It's good when it's used well.

But there are certainly those who use it to try to cover up the underlying issues on their teams, be it with their coaching or maybe with a coach's daughter or two who doesn't have the true team spirit. Pretty easy to see through that.

Dec 23, 2009
San Diego
Kind of tricky for me..."team bonding" to me is lot like trying to make someone be someone else's friend or demand that someone respect someone else...everyone is entitled to courtesy but respect has to be earned...respect doesn't come simply because you're a coach, a senior, or the big bat or pitcher in the lineup...it's really not that difficult to see who the real team players are and for which team bonding exercises would be beneficial...JMO...

Yep. In my experience over the years, you can only do so much team "bonding." Some girls will never catch on and others just don't fit with the group. Yet others are almost perfect additions to the team and you can see it within 10 minutes.

If you have a team that organizes its own get togethers off the field and you find out about sleepovers, nights out at the movies, etc. that the girls arranged themselves, then you know you have a close team. If you have to do the arranging ..... well ...... er ....... um .........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi