One More Year of Rec.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I just signed 11 YO DD up again for her last years 0-22 Rec. Club; it is $300.00 so it isn’t cheap. Some of the better players aged up, including the #2 pitcher. My DD’s C aged up too. :( I know most of the players that might join the Team and I think there is a good chance the Team might not be as good as last year.

Going into last year DD agreed that it was time to move on but push comes to shove DW and DD wanted to stay where they were comfortable.

DD switched to batting lefty and more of an IR then HE and the coaches will have a lot of patience with her is the really good news.

She doesn’t seem to care but I would like to win some games someday, after all it is all about me.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Dang, $300 for rec? Ours was $75, still is I think.

I can promise you DW gets a taste of TB, she will love it. Two totally different worlds. It's like driving a Chevy Vega and then a Corvette.

after all it is all about me.

Sure it is, and the sooner these kids and wives understand that the better!! :)

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
IMO the best part for them in TB is the tight bond they make spending 100s of hours together with 11 other girls. IMO it breaks through the animosity and competition with in teams in all sports that you regularly see. It seems like the girls just want to do their best and hope for the best for the other girls. A much more we, then a me atmosphere.
We have played a lot of teams from Chicago area, a few from Naperville Diamonds, Tinley Park, the Downers Grove Outlaws always kick tail...anyway seems like a lot of choices to fit into.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
As long as your DD is happy, that is what counts. Travel ball is a full time commitment and she might or might not want to do that.

Feb 3, 2011
Wow, that's a high price to pay for rec ball, even near Chicago.

Good luck, Quincy and make sure you do a little shopping around for prospective summer or fall teams during the upcoming spring. I hope you don't lose too much hair in the meantime. :)

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I am sure that rec leagues vary across the country, but because TB has become so popular in GA, the rec leagues have suffered after 8U. There are A+, A-, B+, B- and C level TB teams and even C level TB teams would run rule a rec team. In the past we have had some rec 'superstars' show up at our tryouts and it was an eye opening experience for them! LOL

Dec 7, 2011
As long as your DD is happy, that is what counts. Travel ball is a full time commitment and she might or might not want to do that.

The other side to this coin is that if your DD is TRULY a skilled competitor when she finally gets a taste of TB-A you will both be mad ya didn't jump earlier.

Just make sure ya try to get an impartial assessment of your DDs skill AND competitiveness level and support her as she is and not how YOU want to see her.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Uniform is separate for us to but she has hers already, #78.

Last year they went from shorts to pants so we needed to buy those but DD hatted shorts anyways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oconnell.patrick