Ole Miss coaches

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

The thing that is most worrying is that they say this is the second staff that has had an issue of coaches sleeping with players.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I thought Mike Smith was vindicated of the "inappropriate touching" accusations that he was accused of? He's head coach at California Baptist University now.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
What I do not understand about all this is how the HC gets implicated which had no direct involvement. It happens we all know it.

We have not had an issue with this but why does the HC tolerate it? Is their AC that good, loyalty or whatever.

I

May 6, 2015
What I do not understand about all this is how the HC gets implicated which had no direct involvement. It happens we all know it.

We have not had an issue with this but why does the HC tolerate it? Is their AC that good, loyalty or whatever.

I
HC is in trouble because apparently they were made aware (there was mention of addition scholly money being used as hush money, HC would need to sign off on that) of the situation, and did not immediately report it.

transparency folks, absolute must in today's world, hiding crap only makes it many times worse when it comes out, and in today's day and age, if two people know about something, or their is information online/on devices, it will get out eventually.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Clearly I've been watching too many crime shows because my first thought was, "The AC must have something incriminating on the HC for her to orchestrate the coverup with the hush money." I have no actual knowledge about that, but couldn't understand the motivation otherwise. Someone always spills the beans.

Nov 18, 2013
unless it involves SEC football, or select bball programs (duke, AZ, etc.). then self report, lose half a scholly , and bench players involved for half of a early game vs a cupcake, and all is good.
Yup. Money makes a big difference.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Clearly I've been watching too many crime shows because my first thought was, "The AC must have something incriminating on the HC for her to orchestrate the coverup with the hush money." I have no actual knowledge about that, but couldn't understand the motivation otherwise. Someone always spills the beans.
Not a bad speculation. That "something bad" could have been nothing more than prior knowledge of what the AC was up to.

Feb 15, 2017
Here's the crazy thing. If it was a professor and a student then that would have been ok.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago

A misguided "protect the program" mindset. Cover it up, hope it never gets out, and none of us are talking and that article is never written. If the HC reports immediately, the article gets written and the program looks bad. At least, that's the mindset.

I'm of the belief that it's much better to deal with a day of bad press when you do the right thing because this stuff always gets out, and the fallout is always worse because of the cover-up.

Feb 15, 2017
Not true despite the view from some that professors represent everything that is wrong with society..
Are you saying this doesn't happen? I know personally of instances where this has happened. Can you provide an example where a professor was terminated for sleeping with a student?

And who is the some in your strawman argument?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13