Ole Miss coaches

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
This has been posted all over, might as well put it out here too.

Dec 11, 2010
A lot to unpack indeed.

How are some programs unmitigated disasters?

They seem unable to conform to normal professional standards in any way.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Trachsel and Browder are headcases. Weird people. Being a hard working/driven person is a good character trait BUT it doesn't guarantee the person to be a good character. If allegations are true I hope they never get to coach again. Attn: ADs choose wisely.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
If one of those Super Seniors is who I think it is, I will be very sad. All indications tell me it is. Kids and parents need to know this kind of wacky stuff happens all over the place.

Coaches get away with the long practices and game days and it's truly detrimental to the players. I know a kid who transferred from a very succesful program that did the very same thing. Coaches weren't there, but players have to show up to the field early and start warming up and once the coaches get there, the "official" practice clock starts running. This same coach held back meals on away games when they lost. They bus didn't stop, just kept on going til they got back to campus. For kids that require special diets, this is borderline dangerous and down right cruel.

Nov 18, 2013
DD played for Trachsel at ISU and has several friends that played for her at Minnesota. No sexual allegations, but abusing players and skirting the rules has been going on for a long time.

I liked her at first because she got results and was good to DD. When she left for Minnesota I was disappointed until I started hearing more about the abuse. I hope she’s not allowed to do this to any other kids.

Feb 15, 2017
The thing that is most worrying is that they say this is the second staff that has had an issue of coaches sleeping with players.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Nov 18, 2013
The hours thing happens to some degree at every university in every sport.
I think those that don’t follow the rules are the exception and not the norm. DD had three HC’s at ISU. Two followed the rules and self reported any violations they found. When DD was a recruit an AC sent her a text that was meant for someone else and they reported it. It actually turned into a pretty big deal. The NCAA takes violations seriously.

Last edited:
May 6, 2015
I think those that don’t follow the rules are the exception and not the norm. DD had three HC’s at ISU. Two followed the rules and self reported any violations they found. When DD was a recruit an AC sent her a text that was meant for someone else and they reported it. It actually turned into a pretty big deal. The NCAA takes violations seriously.

unless it involves SEC football, or select bball programs (duke, AZ, etc.). then self report, lose half a scholly , and bench players involved for half of a early game vs a cupcake, and all is good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom