Number of tournaments playing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2012
Curious what the average is on tournaments played and number of games over a normal season say April-July for 10U teams. My older DD plays about 10 tournaments probably just shy of 100/season with league play thrown in(she's 1st year 12U now. that was her schedule last year and looks about the same this year). My younger DD has a far lighter schedule ahead. 2 one day tournaments and a 1 regular 2 day and 1 more possible. Seems a little light for TB.

What's on your schedules?

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
About 15 tournaments, plus 15 school ball games. I think she played 80 games last year. I started a similar thread a few months back.

IMO, kids play too many games and don't get enough instruction on hitting, throwing, fielding. But if you get on a travel team, you have to play their schedule, not your own.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
13 scheduled from now until mid-late July with 2 already played (and also 4 scrimmage days). We will also add at least 1 nationals tournament I believe. This is a 10U-A team in South Florida.

A lot of B teams will only play through end of school so they may only have 4-5 scheduled. Also a lot of teams first tournament will be April 27th as all the local rec seasons start winding down (we actually do rec playoffs only on weekdays to allow our travel players and teams to play weekends).

Jul 26, 2010
At 10u every other week is nice. The number really depends more on how long your season is. You'll often see 14u and under teams have more tournaments because their season starts in the spring. HS aged players have to wait until the HS season finishes (June here, depending on how deep into championship play the HS team goes), so you'll usually see 6 tournaments max before whatever flavor of week long national tournament they go to the end of July. Then it's onto tryouts for fall ball.

-W

coachtucc

Banned
May 7, 2008
A, A
guess it depends on your level of play..I am doing a spring league every Sunday (April 7th -May 19th) then 4 tourneys in the summer. 14U B Team

Mar 9, 2013
14U A Team, start tournaments mid-Februay, 1 spring league w/ a minimum of 10 games, 17 tournaments total, through the first week of August, for just spring/summer. Fall add another league along with 4-6 tournaments.

Played 4 leagues, 21 tournaments last year, I think it was around 160+ games, give or take.

Oct 10, 2011
About 15 tournaments, plus 15 school ball games. I think she played 80 games last year. I started a similar thread a few months back.

IMO, kids play too many games and don't get enough instruction on hitting, throwing, fielding. But if you get on a travel team, you have to play their schedule, not your own.
I agree 100%!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole