non-composite bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 1, 2013
Any suggestions for a 10u DD 5ft 100 lb power hitter that just can't get comfortable with the "feel" of a composite bat, looking to replace her old bat its too short for her. Suggestions?

Mar 29, 2012
Can you expand on not liking the "feel"?

If it is about the way it feels when she holds and swings it then this sounds more like a weight distibution/amount issue rather than a material type.

What model composite did she try?

Feb 1, 2013
She's tried several... Worth fpx, vendetta, cf5, and a few others she just doesn't like the way they feel when she swings them, or the way the feel and sound when she contacts the ball.

Mar 29, 2012
I would think the feel of the swing would be weight/length and load, but the sound would be the material.

Those are balanced bats with a larger drop or run light. Maybe she would prefer an endloaded bat talked about above.

For a high end alloy bat you could get a anderson rocketech if you want endloaded or a rip it force if you want balanced.

What bat does she like the feel of?

Young girls can be hard to get used to change. It was difficult to get my 10u DD to change from her cheap Worth Freedom bat to her first composite. She grew to love the composite (a synge) then when I wanted her to upgrade her composite she resisted that as well.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
DD went to a Rocketech FP-9. She absolutely loves it. It's an endloaded bat for power hitters and an alloy as well. The only thing she complains about is that the stingers hurt more than a composite.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom