Nokona glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
DD has one and it's an outstanding glove as far as I'm concerned. It's going on year four and still looks great. If you go this route though, I would strongly recommend your DD wear a glove such as the XproteX Reaktr inside to help soak up the sweat from her palm. If it gets into the leather, it can get bacteria growing and it will really stink after a while.

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
My DD has an old Mizuno 12" she uses for 3B. She has a 12" Nokona Buckaroo for pitching and she loves it. Really good glove. She got a Nokona 12" X2 Elite for Christmas for 3B when she wants to retire the Mizuno. I got the Nokonas from Longstreth around Christmas time when they have 10% off and free shipping. The X2 Elite came to the doorstep for $292, a smoking deal.

I bought one for DD1 in 7th grade (a catcher's mitt) and she wore it in literally hundreds of games. Finally the back stretched out so much she could not keep it on her hand anymore as a HS junior and we replaced it with another Nokona. It was worth every penny.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Just in case you aren't deadset on the Nokona, the Vinci JCV-VM catchers mitt is a better glove IMO (no thumb sting). I know several players that have gone from the Nokona to Vinci but not the other way. PM CaseDawg for more info and a significant discount on the MSRP.

ETA - My apologies - I'm not even sure if the OP was about a catcher's mitt! BnB's post mentioned catcher's mitts and I ran with it. Just to clarify, I have experience w/ the Vinci mitt, but not their other gloves; however, if they are anything like the catcher mitt, they are winners and CaseDawg is good to deal with.

Last edited:

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Great glove! Is your DD playing in college? Some schools have sponsorships and require players to use a particular brand of glove. Something to consider before you spend $$$ on a new glove (or bat).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish