No Jeans Allowed?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2015
Last season, I had an ump approach me to say my pants were not approved because they were jeans. Regrettably, I didn't address right there to get clarification. I just accepted that I was given a "pass this time". I can't find anything about coach apparel in rule books. If it's there and I'm missing it, please point it out to me. If not, what do you all wear in the place of jeans on a cold day? Fortunately, it'll be hot enough for shorts this weekend, but I'd like to be prepared just in case the weather takes a weird turn.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I wear jeans when it is cold, never had an issue.

I took a quick look at the Asa rule book and it just had something about wearing another softball logo. Bob's bear is Ok, Diamonds (not your team) not OK.

Aug 26, 2015
I wear jeans when it is cold, never had an issue.

I took a quick look at the Asa rule book and it just had something about wearing another softball logo. Bob's bear is Ok, Diamonds (not your team) not OK.

That's all I saw, too. Shrug

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
I believe this the standard 10U Rec coaching attire

2179d0f4c499bb44a4f1f3949319caac

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Last season, I had an ump approach me to say my pants were not approved because they were jeans. Regrettably, I didn't address right there to get clarification. I just accepted that I was given a "pass this time". I can't find anything about coach apparel in rule books. If it's there and I'm missing it, please point it out to me. If not, what do you all wear in the place of jeans on a cold day? Fortunately, it'll be hot enough for shorts this weekend, but I'd like to be prepared just in case the weather takes a weird turn.

I've never heard that. But given my generally inappropriate and sarcastic sense of humor, I must admit I would have been forced to drop trou in front of Blue.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I believe this the standard 10U Rec coaching attire

2179d0f4c499bb44a4f1f3949319caac

HC of DD's 10U rec team 2 years ago was a bit late getting off work, and didn't have a change of clothes, so he coached the game in slacks, dress shirt, tie, and nicely-polished oxfords.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes