no drag

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

coachtucc

Banned
May 7, 2008
A, A
my pitcher does not drag her back foot. Now we are in a low conference in HS and most of the coaches won't complain but that doesn't matter to me, I want her to pitch correctly!
Are there any drills I can give her to correct her problem...she hops up and her lead leg bends instead of being straight also

Jul 21, 2008
Put a piece of paper under her drag foot and tell her she has to drag the paper forward shen she pitchers.

Jul 26, 2010
Have a video you can attach? This is probably a symptom of a problem elsewhere, and it would be better off addressing the cause then give you a list of drills that may or may not be relevant to her problem.

-W

Apr 2, 2011
The stork drill is very good. You can use that drill along with a training device called the PowerPush.This device provides a channel for the foot to promote a forward push over the big toe.This will put the foot in position to remain in contact with the ground.It doesn't hurt that this is the most powerful way to push from the rubber,think of a sprinter coming out of the blocks.This also makes the pitcher open up later,which means she will have to close faster,and duh,that means more power.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd