New video same old problems

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
She said and I quote "I'm gonna fix it just to show him I can. (add finger snap and head shake) If I have to fall on my face to learn it, then I'm gonna fall on my face"

This!!!

Love this attitude! Although it kinda scares me to hear she was told to lean forward to correct her current mechanics, I'm very curious to see a video to see how she turned this info into reality!!!

Last edited:
May 9, 2014
Umatilla, Florida
This!!!

Love this attitude! Although it kinda scares me to hear she was told to lean forward to correct her current mechanics, I'm very curious to see a video to see how she turned this info into reality!!!

she's been told to lean into her sprinters stance, or lean forward in the push off the rubber. (Not to correct the backward lean at the end) I'm not touching that yet. I think it will fix itself once she can get herself less vertical in her drive off the rubber. Now that I know she's receptive I'm gonna try javas spilt jump tonight at practice with all my pitchers that way she doesn't feel singled out either.

Ken- should I not be telling her to lean forward? At the beginning? (Cuz I think I say it quite a bit) so if it's wrong I need to stop!

Side note-

While she's working on this I should expect her front side resistance to break down because she should generate more power which will be harder to stop. I bring this up because FSR has been something she's worked on way more then the drive and lean (I see how that was not smart, ...I'm learnin here people!)
If she's focused on the stop she won't drive as hard, she's readying herself for the brakes to be put on at the beginning. So I will keep my big mouth shut from now on when I see her FSR breakdown till she gets the lean. (Right?)

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Apologies! Yes on the sprinter's stance! I misunderstood and was thinking forward lean at release! Like you said, I think her frontside resistance will be fine. I don't see anything wrong with focusing on both if she's able.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00