New toy for Christmas

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 22, 2019
Start practice with the large ball but finish with the smaller ball. I am also for learning to spin/pitch a baseball acurately.

Thanks, yes it’s 9 months away from using the bigger ball, so not trying to use it too much. I’m surprised how well she has adjusted to it. Her hands are already the size of my wife’s, though. Will also have to move her back at some point, but won’t do that till later.

Fastball with the bigger ball.

change-up with the bigger ball.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
@NJSwampdragons there is a whole lotta good going on there! I love the left foot especially for a 10U player. It "gets the party started" and very impressive to see in such a young kiddo. Keep up the great work!

S3

Nov 22, 2019
Looks great! Do you have the pocket radar set up behind you?
Thanks, good to hear she’s doing some things right, usually just hear what needs to be improved. Went to a new pitching coach who thinks she can can help get her to 50mph by summer, which seems like a bit of a bold prediction (she topped out at 43 at the evaluation).

The radar is on a tripod 10 feet directly behind her, which would be about 15-16 feet at release. You can see the radar to the left in this video.

The really nice thing about it though is that you leave it on and it auto-edits the videos into individual pitches.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13