New Potential Recruit Watch List

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 14, 2011
Would it wow a D1 coach? She's a 2014. There's not too many D1 coaches left to wow at this point.

I have also been told by coaches that they want skills videos and not game footage, but I'm sure there are some who appreciate either.

Her skills may not be top notch, but coaches aren't necessarily looking for someone who is perfect now. They are looking at potential and mechanics and what they think they can do with what the girl has. If someone sees potential, she'll find a home. Everybody has a different opinion. And between the 3 divisions, NAIA and JuCo, there's plenty of opportunities out there.

Dec 20, 2012
I agree, there is a fit for her out there! I didn't say she wouldn't wow a coach, I said the video. If this was sent in by a 2016 I would say the exact same thing. " They are looking at potential and mechanics and what they think they can do with what the girl has." That is exactly why they want skills video and not game footage, they can clearly see what is going on in their swing, footwork, throwing arm, ect.... I'm pretty much on the same page as you on this.

Apr 1, 2010
One thing however is for sure, she does not deserve being critiqued here by armchair folks.

I saw the comments differently. To me, the posters have all been trying to help this girl achieve her dream. What is really kinder? To notice things that could be improved in the video and say nothing...or to go ahead and offer up suggestions that might make her video more impressive to coaches?

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I saw the comments differently. To me, the posters have all been trying to help this girl achieve her dream. What is really kinder? To notice things that could be improved in the video and say nothing...or to go ahead and offer up suggestions that might make her video more impressive to coaches?

Posted by Out in Left Field
One thing however is for sure, she does not deserve being critiqued here by armchair folks.

I agree with Msdinosaur on this point. Is it better to be critiqued by us in our armchairs and possible change a few things in her video or be critiqued by a coach sitting in a leather chair and be unimpressed?

Apr 11, 2012
Posted by Out in Left Field

the OP did put it out there and stated "new recruit on the scene and making some noise", which is a pretty bold statement around here...so the armchair folks were asked IMO....also nobody has peed on the parade for the kid and were seemingly pretty nice....

Would it wow a D1 coach? She's a 2014. There's not too many D1 coaches left to wow at this point.

I have also been told by coaches that they want skills videos and not game footage, but I'm sure there are some who appreciate either.

Her skills may not be top notch, but coaches aren't necessarily looking for someone who is perfect now. They are looking at potential and mechanics and what they think they can do with what the girl has. If someone sees potential, she'll find a home. Everybody has a different opinion. And between the 3 divisions, NAIA and JuCo, there's plenty of opportunities out there.

this is dead on accurrate and the truth....the OP also never said what level it was that the "new recruit on the scene and making some noise" was looking for and the kid was only looking to play "at the collegiant level".....

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeTD&Coach