New leather šŸ˜†

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Dog people are good people! AD you ever have a person buy a glove from you that you didnā€™t want to sell to them because you knew it didnā€™t fit the bill?
Not necessarily fit the bill, the one that comes to mind is a pro issue 12.25ā€ Pro1000 Spring Trainer. I posted a few pics online and this guy from California messaged me, from San Diego if I remember right?

This guy messaged me everyday for 3 weeks desperately wanting this glove, I finally caved and sold it to him. Never caught one ball with it! This was a killer glove, regretted it ever since!

Apr 28, 2019
Not necessarily fit the bill, the one that comes to mind is a pro issue 12.25ā€ Pro1000 Spring Trainer. I posted a few pics online and this guy from California messaged me, from San Diego if I remember right?

This guy messaged me everyday for 3 weeks desperately wanting this glove, I finally caved and sold it to him. Never caught one ball with it! This was a killer glove, regretted it ever since!
I posted some extra equipment on a local FB Fastpitch page.
Guy texts me and says Iā€™ll take it. Now this is sight unseen mind you. I respond would you like to see pics? He replies sure. Pics sent. Response Iā€™ll take it.
The glove is a beginner/intermediate catchers mitt Mizuno Franchise.
Deal done. I ask him how old is your daughter? Reply 16 plays HS/TB.
My response this glove is not the glove I would recommend for that age. Glove is decent 10u-lower level 14U. I recommended A2000, high-end Allstar if catching is her main position.
If secondary position I told him he could get away with a Liberty Adv or Mizuno Samurai.
He responds I still want it. If DD doesnā€™t like it Iā€™ll use it to play catch. And asks for a heads-up if I find one of the above gloves for a good deal.
Um ok yeah sounds good. Some people just have no idea what they need or how much quality equipment costs.

Jun 24, 2019
Yesterday I was using that starts and stripes itā€™s a pretty nice glove was helping my 10yr old DD braking it in , itā€™s been steamed once. So itā€™s almost done, now as the other a2000 itā€™s gonna be handed down to my beginner DD tball lol once she goes to 8u

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
82479d97edacb2ce48ba414cd09c7f13.jpg

ee9e816180f335f907ec722e90ec8822.jpg

It came!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 18, 2015
The 11.5 Easton came as well today. Glad I left the lights up in the tree outside. :)

acc6cb9181b9ee8c62953e0c5d45ae4c.jpg

Not sure if the orientation will be correct - 11.5ā€ on left/bottom,12ā€ on right/top.

Also checked the tag - Easton is made in China, Mizuno is Philippines. (Huh - 1 L, 2 Ps. Learned something new...).

Does China produce any other high-end brands / models? The Mizuno Finch gloves, at least the 4-5 years ago model, is made in Vietnam. Never really paid much attention, aside from knowing Nokona was the only US made one.

Nov 18, 2015
All three gloves from the recent splurge,
+ one exhausted Aussie.

a206fb9e7ba4405aafe12f0c454a24a8.jpg

Fortunately, no ones confused her with a Mustang yet. :) Though from a purely decibel standpoint, she would give a it or a Z a run for their money.

Mar 15, 2019
California
I posted some extra equipment on a local FB Fastpitch page.
Guy texts me and says Iā€™ll take it. Now this is sight unseen mind you. I respond would you like to see pics? He replies sure. Pics sent. Response Iā€™ll take it.
The glove is a beginner/intermediate catchers mitt Mizuno Franchise.
Deal done. I ask him how old is your daughter? Reply 16 plays HS/TB.
My response this glove is not the glove I would recommend for that age. Glove is decent 10u-lower level 14U. I recommended A2000, high-end Allstar if catching is her main position.
If secondary position I told him he could get away with a Liberty Adv or Mizuno Samurai.
He responds I still want it. If DD doesnā€™t like it Iā€™ll use it to play catch. And asks for a heads-up if I find one of the above gloves for a good deal.
Um ok yeah sounds good. Some people just have no idea what they need or how much quality equipment costs.
I had a good conversation with @ANNASDAD recently about an All-Star CMW3000. I'm curious if you've used a Mizuno Samurai as you rated it under an A2000 and high-end All-Star? Do you rate the Mizuno lower because it doesn't hold up as well or has another issue?

Apr 28, 2019
I had a good conversation with @ANNASDAD recently about an All-Star CMW3000. I'm curious if you've used a Mizuno Samurai as you rated it under an A2000 and high-end All-Star? Do you rate the Mizuno lower because it doesn't hold up as well or has another issue?
Comments were based more on price point. Lib Adv & Samurai can be had for $180 retail closer to $100 if you do some research.
Both quality gloves. But yes I would rate them slightly below A2000, & Allstar based on materials used & durability.
That being said budget and personal preference should always play into parent/player equipment decisions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild