New Glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 4, 2012
Oldest DD has used a Nokona Buckaroo for the last year or so, but she can't do a swipe tag without the ball flying out. Not sure if it's broken in wrong or what? The thumb side seems super stiff. She keeps a ball in it religiously. Anyway, she wants a new glove but I'm not sure which way to go? Any suggestions?

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I'm guessing IF. DD has a Worth Century H pattern 11.5" IF glove. This broke in so well. Very nice pocket and very lightweight. She used it for two seasons in the OF before coaches started mentioning it as a liability. She's in the process of breaking in a 12.5 Wilson 2000 for OF work.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
That is a really nice glove.

It might be the player not the equipment. :)

I would try a Vinci, there are a few posters on this board that sell them. Besides the break-in time I have only heard good things about them.

Oct 10, 2011
If I could choose any glove, It's the A2k followed by the A2000. Break in time was a bit of a pain but the A2k. Is outstanding. For less$$ the Vinci is a great buy also and we like the H_web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
How old is her glove? Nokona will refurbish their gloves if you send them back to the factory. I would compare the refurbish price and the cost of a new Vinci from Casedawg51 and decide which direction to go. BTW - my DD had a Nokona and switch to a Vinci and loves it!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Gloves are a personal thing. There are a lot of really nice gloves available, but what feels good to one person may not feel as nice to the next. Shopping for her most recent fielder's glove, my DD put her hand in 8-10 different options. Her choice was a Worth Liberty Advanced.

Jul 4, 2012
Thanks for the feedback. I PM'd casedawg. As I'm sure he'll attest, there aren't many places in rural GA to go try on quality gloves. She's using my Nokona now. It's almost the same glove, but no problem with the ball staying in with a swipe tag. I'm going to contact Nokona. This one has been re-laced already because several of the original laces broke. They said it was due to the dealer over tightening the laces and took care of it at no charge. Can't imagine this has anything to do with the stiff thumb side, but I guess it may. May go ahead and order an A2K or a Vinci and be breaking it in...

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
DD also got a Nokona Buckaroo last year and thought it was stiff. Day 1 I applied Nokona glove conditioner liberally. Days 2-10 played catch. Day 11, glove was game ready. Never had an issue of ball coming out. Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi