New bat suggestions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2018
I've looked at the Ghost and based on what I've read here and other places I would have gone with but daughter's team plays a mix of USSSA and ASA tournaments. The fact you can't use one in both really sucks. Its been touched on a bit here, but I'm tempted to wait for the new bats to come out in a bit, but then I'm not sure it will make THAT much of a difference for a 13 year old.

So since the Ghost doesn't seem to be an option because of the lack of stickers, is there much difference between the Quatro Pro and the Power Carbon?

Feb 10, 2016
Illinois
My daughter is 12, and your daughters height. She's been swinging a 32/22 and may be moving up to a 33 within the month.

She currently has both Ghosts, Q Pro, LXT, Xeno, and Nighthawk all in 32/22. The QPro is spoken for, and the Xeno is still in wrapper and is up for sale, as well as the Nighthawk. Among all of the bats, she prefers the Ghosts. Likes the slight end load feel, loves the sound and the pop that it produces. The QPro was a great looking bat, swung very light, and exit speed was right in line with the Ghosts, but she could not get past the wood bat sound. The LXT is not fully broken in, but she keeps reaching for the Ghost so it may never get there before its sold. The Xeno we just got a great deal on, and since she had already opened the LXT, figured there was no need to keep it, even thought she has had 3 prior Xenos and loved them all.

Have not swung the Power Carbon but have heard great things, plus its dual stamped so no need to purchase different versions of the same bat, like the Ghost. This may be our next bat.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
is there much difference between the Quatro Pro and the Power Carbon?

Quick answer...yes...the PC is a beast.

The QPro is a mixed bag of results, had people love them and get very good results, then had the "meh" type thing. Think a lot has to do with the very light, balanced
feel. I think people who have swung other 32/22s will buy a 32/22 QPro and not get the same results because it does feel lighter and not the drive the old bat has. Had many
people go to a drop9 for QPros or one size up.

That's why Im excited about the Endload version of the QPro this year...It is reworked a little and may give it the azz end people want to drive the ball without changing weights or drops

Dec 11, 2010
General comment:

Don’t be in a hurry to move up in bat size. Especially if your dd is driving the ball with whatever she is swinging.

One of the most dangerous hitters to come out of my area swung a 32” rockettech through high school. Literally the same bat FOR YEARS. The same bat she hit machine balls with at every practice. She was 5’10. She went on to a mid major d1 and had a sparkling career. (I don’t know what size she swung in college.)

There are a whole lot of big deal college D1 players swinging 33’s.

I heard a story a month or so ago from an Easton rep that Tim Walton supposedly has a big portion of his team swinging 32/23’s. I would LOVE to know if that is true.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
General comment:

Don’t be in a hurry to move up in bat size. Especially if your dd is driving the ball with whatever she is swinging.

One of the most dangerous hitters to come out of my area swung a 32” rockettech through high school. Literally the same bat FOR YEARS. The same bat she hit machine balls with at every practice. She was 5’10. She went on to a mid major d1 and had a sparkling career. (I don’t know what size she swung in college.)

I heard a story a month or so ago from an Easton rep that Tim Walton supposedly has a big portion of his team swinging 32/23’s. I would LOVE to know if that is true.

If that is true I'd like to know as well. They're have to be some mad genius logic behind it? My DD is 5'0" and weighs 130/135 and swings a 33/23, I probably don't ever see her swinging a 34" bat but I could easily see her moving to a 33/24 bat.....maybe in college?

Dec 11, 2010
If that is true I'd like to know as well. They're have to be some mad genius logic behind it?

Well.... When you watch his teams, they are VERY pitch selective. There is never a tighter strike zone than when a Gator is in the box.... so maybe.....

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2014
USA
General comment:

Couldn't agree with this more! We fell into this trap of moving up in size too far and too fast....the extra inch of plate coverage isn't worth the loss of adjustability and control.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA