New bat suggestions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2018
DD is ready for a new bat. Her current bat is a LXT, which she has loved for a few years, but it appears to be losing some of its pop. She got the chance to swing the new Quatro Pro and really liked it and watching the Mary Nutter yesterday, it seems like every girl is swinging one. I came here to ask specifically about he Quatro Pro, but I'm open to other suggestions. She's 13 and is about 5'6. Her LXT is a 32/21, but looking at 32/22 or maybe even 33/23 (Unless people think that is too heavy)

Nov 10, 2016
I would say the LXT and the Quatro Pro would swing pretty close to the same. My DD had a 31/21 ghost that had to be replaced and I bought the QPro 32/22 for her to use during the replacement. I did this to prepare her to move up in size and her hitting coach felt she would do fine. The weight never bothered her during bp and the bat has a ton of pop. Mis hits still come off pretty hot which was important because to me no 12/13 yo will have a perfect swing every time. When we were in tournaments, you could see the bat speed wasn't there and her mechanics were off which had to be the size. Now the qpro is in the closet because this kid loves the ghost and that extra confidence shows at the plate.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Apr 28, 2014
Did she ever swing an ASA Ghost? We have 9 teams in our Org and just about every kid has moved to a ghost once they swing them. Results are fantastic.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Highly recommend talking to CoreSoftball20 on this board. Bought quite a few bats from him over the years and have another one on the way. My DD's have never had a Quatro or Quatro Pro but one of their teammates broke her Quatro last year and needed a new bat right away, I referred her Dad to Core and they ended up with a new Quatro Pro. It quickly became her new favorite. This girl is consistently one of the best hitters on both the HS and Travel Ball team and for her the Rawlings bats just work. She had plenty of swings in with our Ghost, older Makos and the DeMarini also. Regarding the increase in size my suggestion is to move up slowly!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Definitely talk to Core. Mizuno Power Carbon, Ghost, and Quatro Pro are all worth looking at. It's definitely time to go longer than 31.

My DD is 14yo, 5'-6". She's been swinging 33/23 for 2 years.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
Another nod to Core. He will set you right.

DD has a 33/24 QPro and likes it. Originally got a 33/23 but the weight is true on these and very balanced so we moved to a drop -9. She likes her ASA Ghost better, but only single stamp. QPro used for all other stamps. Has over 1,000 hits on it probably and hasn’t loosened up yet, thought it was pretty good out of the wrapper, still not as hot as Ghost. I think the Pro will be a good bat for her this year when needed. I have seen many members here rave about the Mizuno Power Carbon, maybe give that a look as well.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I have a sale going on 2019 Quatro Pros if you want one...because the new ENDLOAD QPRO is coming out :)

(I wont even be stocking many regular balanced QPros for 2020)

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
And yes, the 19 QPro is VERY balanced and light feeling. They are over sticker a little, but swing light as heck.

Problem with Power Carbons is supplies are dwindling...Mizuno is out of most everything and I dont have much
around besides a few 33/23s, 34/24s and two smaller drop11s. Their new launch is coming April'ish so they arent doing
anymore of the 2019s.
Power Carbon will be back as well as the Carbon1, and a reworked Ti. Carbon2 is bye bye

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2018
PNW
our DD is just turning 14 :eek: 5'6" She has a 33/23 Ghost ASA that she got this fall. LOVES IT. She and one other player had the ghost this fall. Now we have 7/13 players with ghosts. All love them so far.

Our new Mizuno PC just arrived yesterday from Core. I wanted to give that one a go as well....we will find out if it's her primary or she sticks with the ghost. If she sticks with ghost I'll use it as a backup in case someone breaks one during a weekend tournament.

Core will treat you right.

Jun 27, 2018
Yup. Contact Core. My daughter is 5’7”. 170lb. She swings a 34/24 Ghost. Both versions. She just got a 34/24 PC over the winter. Loves it. She actually loves the Ghost and PC equally. She tried the Q pro last year and hated it. We sent it back. She never liked the LXT either. I found that interesting since Core said they feel similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee