new backswing?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2013
She was completely out at least twice, and the foot must at least touch the lane. Does not matter when it happens on the stride foot. The other foot can go out while dragging.

Nov 7, 2014
I was looking at the stride foot it was not touching rubber and slightly off to the left at the backswing I am not sure a blue could even see it because toe is so close to the rubber

Jun 22, 2008
I didnt sit and watch every single pitch, but I didnt see anything blatantly obvious being illegal. On some pitches she does appear to be leaping a little, and as indicated the left foot does seem to have dropped off the edge of the pitching plate a couple of times but the umpire is not going to be able to see that from 45' away.

As for the replanting, remember, replanting is not illegal if the foot drags out. If the drag foot leaves the ground, then you have a leap.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
I didnt sit and watch every single pitch, but I didnt see anything blatantly obvious being illegal. On some pitches she does appear to be leaping a little, and as indicated the left foot does seem to have dropped off the edge of the pitching plate a couple of times but the umpire is not going to be able to see that from 45' away.

As for the replanting, remember, replanting is not illegal if the foot drags out. If the drag foot leaves the ground, then you have a leap.

It's more of a crow hop than just a leap and it is blatantly illegal...but then again you are an ump so I understand why you didn't see it :)

and I thought replants were illegal even with a drag, they were just nearly impossible to call if they drag. Isn't the language something to the effect that "the pitcher cannot push off from anywhere but the plate with the pivot foot" and wouldn't a replant be pushing off from something other than the plate. Also, isn't the whole purpose of not allowing leaping to prevent a replant?

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I see a leap on every pitch. Same bad mechanics as most skippies. It is pretty hard to maintain contact when your first move is to turn your plant foot 90 degrees.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2014
you didn't hear we are playing by international rules now :)

definitely leaping on every pitch and whats funny is on a harder based field she will tell on herself I love hearing the "thum Thump"

Nov 7, 2014
well
she is right around me I have actually seen the team play

but for HS age group below average for the majority of the teams

Nov 7, 2014
where you from riseball if you do not mind me asking

that team is based 2 hours from my house

But there is only one what I call elite team in the area that is based in the area. It is also coached by the best pitching coach in the area. It is very common to see his pitchers throw change ups and off speed on first pitch because they can throw them for stikes and locate them and most of them are in the high 50's through mid 60's on the speed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom