Negative movement help.....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 13, 2015
Omaha, Ne
I watched the video again. The promotion of just turning the body with the legs just cracks me up. How many gated rotations can someone make before they realize they are promoting a dead torso? I needed a laugh like that.
We are just talking about the "Gather" right?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Mar 13, 2015
Omaha, Ne
Are you now claiming that your post below was about the gather? Seems a bit of a stretch.
It's definitely a good progression. Learning how to hinge/deadlift position and perform a single leg rdl gets rid of a ton of wasted movement. Once you learn/feel how to engage the glutes, hamstring, and pelvis, jumping into SNF 45/90 or let's say a staggered hover is pretty easy.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
It's definitely a good progression. Learning how to hinge/deadlift position and perform a single leg rdl gets rid of a ton of wasted movement. Once you learn/feel how to engage the glutes, hamstring, and pelvis, jumping into SNF 45/90 or let's say a staggered hover is pretty easy.

Translation ... the video was not about the 'gather'.

Care to address the dead torso rotation that was being advocated?

Mar 13, 2015
Omaha, Ne
Translation ... the video was not about the 'gather'.

Care to address the dead torso rotation that was being advocated?
I would call that a progression, unless you're hung up on a dead torso...it's an introduction into a video library of gold whether it's Coil, overlap, leg kick, hinge, and so on. It's not my fault if you can't look passed "drill 1" video. I've said learning to hinge, a single leg rdl are both good progressions to learn how and where to transfer that negative move. I'm dead now lol

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I would call that a progression, unless you're hung up on a dead torso...it's an introduction into a video library of gold whether it's Coil, overlap, leg kick, hinge, and so on. It's not my fault if you can't look passed "drill 1" video. I've said learning to hinge, a single leg rdl are both good progressions to learn how and where to transfer that negative move. I'm dead now lol

I see, so when you posted the video you wanted folks to pay attention to the hip hinge information, which was reasonable, and ignore the body rotation information, which was bad.

Mar 13, 2015
Omaha, Ne
I see, so when you posted the video you wanted folks to pay attention to the hip hinge information, which was reasonable, and ignore the body rotation information, which was bad.
The first video was 'Getting into the rear hip'. Too obvious. Second video "drill 1". I will admit that it would throw you off but then came my post on hinge and sl rdl. I thought that would be enough. Maybe not. We're then stuck on 'dead torso' which is obvious. I'm all good with disagreeing on teachings or whatever but what good did all that do for the OP? Absolutely nothing. Instead we have a thread that could've been at max 10-15 posts but here we are. Lol

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
The first video was 'Getting into the rear hip'. Too obvious. Second video "drill 1". I will admit that it would throw you off but then came my post on hinge and sl rdl. I thought that would be enough. Maybe not. We're then stuck on 'dead torso' which is obvious. I'm all good with disagreeing on teachings or whatever but what good did all that do for the OP? Absolutely nothing. Instead we have a thread that could've been at max 10-15 posts but here we are. Lol

My only complaint in the second video has been, and continues to be, the poor instruction on body rotation.

Mar 13, 2015
Omaha, Ne
My only complaint in the second video has been, and continues to be, the poor instruction on body rotation.
I agree with how poor that move is shown on his video. I would or should've said don't do this but take this from it. My apologies to OP.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010

What is sl rdl ?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13