Negative movement help.....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
The info on bending/flexing at the hips was good, but the rest of it is pretty comical.;)

I watched the video again. The promotion of just turning the body with the legs just cracks me up. How many gated rotations can someone make before they realize they are promoting a dead torso? I needed a laugh like that.

Feb 13, 2018
I watched the video again. The promotion of just turning the body with the legs just cracks me up. How many gated rotations can someone make before they realize they are promoting a dead torso? I needed a laugh like that.

FfS, with all respect, I'd love to hear your helpful insight :eek: as opposed to just how wrong others are who tried to help

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
FfS, with all respect, I'd love to hear your helpful insight :eek: as opposed to just how wrong others are who tried to help

With all due respect AmBeRn1l, I think I've done more than my fair share of spreading decent information. My point here was sincere ... the information on rotating a dead torso was horrible ... and it doesn't matter if they "tried to help", it was still bad information ... and to suggest otherwise is simply ignorance or dishonesty.

Mar 13, 2015
Omaha, Ne
The info on bending/flexing at the hips was good, but the rest of it is pretty comical.;)
Learning to hinge is comical? When a person uses "legs" it means pelvis, usually. It's his earlier work but still good info. I get the part where he lunges forward is extreme. No big deal. That is an introduction to Jerry Brewers video library on pretty much anything. I get where you guys can nitpick his videos but I'm still trying to figure out if the lead shoulder "snaps" or is pulled? Talk about nitpick right? So why learn to hinge? We've always talked about getting into an "athletic position" and it doesn't matter the sport basketball, baseball, fastpitch, wrestling, and so on. Hip hinge is just that! An Athletic position..why? Because it is our strongest position. Am I wrong? Or is Brewer wrong? Learning how to hinge is crucial to a swing and it's EASY to learn.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Mar 13, 2015
Omaha, Ne
Learning to hinge is comical? When a person uses "legs" it means pelvis, usually. It's his earlier work but still good info. I get the part where he lunges forward is extreme. No big deal. That is an introduction to Jerry Brewers video library on pretty much anything. I get where you guys can nitpick his videos but I'm still trying to figure out if the lead shoulder "snaps" or is pulled? Talk about nitpick right? So why learn to hinge? We've always talked about getting into an "athletic position" and it doesn't matter the sport basketball, baseball, fastpitch, wrestling, and so on. Hip hinge is just that! An Athletic position..why? Because it is our strongest position. Am I wrong? Or is Brewer wrong? Learning how to hinge is crucial to a swing and it's EASY to learn.

Next would be to learn how to get yourself into a single leg rdl...this is where lots of young kids have trouble stabilizing the back pelvis, knee, and or ankle. And that's where this pic comes into play. It takes care of the weight transfer by itself. There's no need of too much instruction once the rdl is learned.
8ff58aa3b6506da733f6e368ea824c7d.jpg

Mar 13, 2015
Omaha, Ne
Next would be to learn how to get yourself into a single leg rdl...this is where lots of young kids have trouble stabilizing the back pelvis, knee, and or ankle. And that's where this pic comes into play. It takes care of the weight transfer by itself. There's no need of too much instruction once the rdl is learned.
8ff58aa3b6506da733f6e368ea824c7d.jpg

Do we see the resemblance?
a55ff3cbb3aeabd20c588faf32abcfc3.gif
a8dda4f19f0a8be79ba70dd8d6549ea0.gif

Mar 13, 2015
Omaha, Ne
ambern11, I'm just trying to make it as easy as I can without saying "pull this, lean this way, snap that". My bad if it doesn't make sense in the 1 video. It's a video library that i recommend to most. He can get very detailed with some stuff. Most instructors have different verbiage but for the most part they mean the same crap. DFP and Twitter is a good example.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2