Need I/R Pitching Coach in Central Va

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 27, 2014
My first post on DFP, so please be gentle. I've been an avid reader here since I discovered this place 6-8 months ago. I truly believe this is the best resource for softball knowledge on all the innerwebs. I love it and hope I can contribute to the knowledge here at some point.

Anyway, I have a 10-year-old DD who plays travel. She pitches with decent velocity for her age (40-42 mph), but has only ever received instruction on Hello Elbow style pitching from local HS and private coaches who were recommended to me.

I attempted to convert her to I/R after Fall Ball last November, but we both struggled. My limited understanding of I/R and her frustration learning it from me (and her relative success doing it the "wrong" way) has made it exceedingly difficult for her to buy into converting.

An I/R-committed PC is probably my only hope for now. We live in the Central Virginia/Richmond area. Does anyone here know of a PC in this area who is committed to I/R instruction? I believe my daughter could really excel if I got her on the right path -- she's a talented overall player.

If nobody knows a PC from this area, any other advice on how to approach it? Do I just need to wait until she's ready mentally? I'm afraid another season of HE will just ingrain those mechanics even further, but not sure what else to do. She wants to pitch and her team needs her.

Thanks for any advice y'all can provide.

Aug 27, 2014
Appreciate the information, folks! I will look into Denny's organization and see what we can do. Hope I haven't waited too long with the season right around the corner.

Mar 7, 2012
PA
I would also suggest buying the Hillhouse DVD's this way when your catching at home you know what your looking at. I am assuming you read through the forum and Board Members IR Sticky, which helped me to understand concepts, Hillhouse DVD's gave me a better visual.

As for waiting too long, I have found with the pitchers I have worked with it doesn't always pay off right from the start but over the long run it shows the IR are better pitchers -they can throw multiple games, have better accuracy & movement.

Jan 11, 2015
My Daughter sees Denny Tincher. We drive 11 hours to see him. We have also seen Chris Cauthorne , he is in Richmond VA and is excellent. Also we work with Jonathan Hon out of Chicago. They are all tincher pitching instructors. Make what seems to be very difficult on here a piece of cake, having said that there are some things that you will see no where else yet critacle to help avoid the old injury, and gain maximum speed, velocity, and movement. Chris would be easier to get in with than Denny simply because of Denny traveling all over the country. We will be back out there for 2 days next weekend. If you would like Chris' number shoot me a pm and I will give it to you.