Need help finding bat for 13yo

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2011
We'll i'm helping my uncle look for his granddaughter a bat. He has a few in mind mainly Miken Freak Lite. Shes about 5'6 130. She'll be using this bat in South Carolina to play fall ball and rec ball and travel. Keep in mind he would like her to have a 33/21. Price does not matter.

Jun 25, 2011
Boise , ID
I would say that for a drop 12 bat you have it narrowed down to one of the best bats out there .

Too bad it looks like someone from the show "Pimp My Ride" laid out the color scheme and graphics on it ;)

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I firmly agree. I wouldn't even let a 130 pound girl swing a -12. I would hand her a 32 inch, balanced, -9 or end loaded. I am almost the same build, although I am 5'9", 140. I swing a 32 inch bat, -10. Now, 33 is ok for her, because she isn't as old as the hills, but do go with a heavier bat. Spend money on a hitting coach, if hitting is a problem.

Aug 26, 2011
My almost 13 y/o is much smaller & she is using a drop 10 bat. She was using a Combat drop 12 (31/19) up until two month ago, when she go her DeMarini CF5 (32/22). All I can say is my dd has never hit so well.

Aug 9, 2011
I think Demarini is by far the best bat offered. I have to agree, don't get such a huge drop unless it's absolutely necessary. If your daughter has played ball, figure out what her bat speed and hitting ration is and that will give you some idea of whether she needs a heavier bat or lighten it up a little. I'm not a coach that agrees with forcing a girl into a heavy bat, with the mind set that they will eventually they will develop the muscles and grow into it. That forces them to make adjustments that may not be natural to there swing thus making them suffer in the short term by lack of hits and in the long term by forcing an awkward swing. Hope this helps. There is a science to bat coordination.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck